snow

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

A day later

A day after telling folks our ishtory ……He took the easy way out and sent the blog link to his friends….and I sent a mail out to folks telling them abt the news….I thoroughly enjoyed the reactions I got from different ppl….some were gratifying and some were plain hilarious …….(Especially my Baba’s Tapori gang sent in some superb comments which had me laughing in delight)
One thing they all had in common was the joy they felt at our news….and to me atleast it was uplifting…..So a big thanks to all u guys out there who make up my support system…I wud be lost without u ……I know I don’t have to say it but I want u all to know how much you guys mean to me…

To my Baba’s Tapori gang…He sent me ur comments and I enjoyed every one of them….Thanks for reading thru all my crazy stories.I expect that’s how u guys figured out that I have no bolt ! …The GRE comment was a true compliment !..But asking me to write in Tapori language is something u do at ur own risk…I am inspired to try my hand at the same but plz don’t blame me if u don’t understand that either cos my tapori vocabulary is limited to a few Hi-fi words (chuckle)consisting of things like dhakkan and fultoo and so on ! …Anyway thanks,Bhai log,more power to u…Looking forward to meeting u guys………
A lot of people asked me why I liked him…….Well, the simple answer is he makes me feel like a princess.What more does a gal want….But this answer seems to confuse ppl….so maybe I shud be a bit more explicit…People expect it to be big things but to me it’s the small things which he does for me that makes a difference……..

It does not mean he lets me have my way for everything and anything(considering sometimes I have some really wacky ideas )…but he understands my craving to start working on a craft project when I am hit with an idea and cheerfully drives me around to any number of shops until I find the exact thing I need. What made me feel like a queen is when the man told him he loves driving me out on an errand…….

I normally occupy the passenger seat in his car(which he says is my place – right beside him)but prefer to sit in the backseat when one of his pals are riding with us.When I catch him watching me in rearview mirror at a traffic signal,I feel like a queen.

Just yday the man told me he is looking forward to marrying me and spending his life with me.For a man of few words, that was one of the most beautiful compliments he paid me.

I know I am not perfect( am extremely short tempered) but when in the midst of a hectic workday he sent me a mail with the song lyrics “tum jo gussa bhi karo to mujhe pyar lagta hai”, I fell in love with him even more.

He normally does not display affection in front of folks we know but the night when I had returned after a vacation with my friends, he came to pick me from the airport .He had missed me so badly that he did not care that Sangeetha was around and held my hand all the way on the drive home.Tell me what girl wud not like that…

He has his boys nights-out and poker games…but no matter how late in the night he reaches his apartment, he never fails to call me to say good night…Its worth waiting up for.

When I go off on trips with my friends,he hates it and misses me terribly but still wont call me cos he feels he shud not intrude on my time with my gang….I love that….

Even when I quarrel with him and wont speak to him during lunch, he orders my favorite things from the menu.

These are just a few of my favorite jingbangs that my boy dishes out….but overall it’s the way he treats peoples,friends or foes……….with respect and courtesy…To many people these traits don’t matter ,but to me the old world courtesy is important and is the true sign of a gentleman…..Alas, I have met very few guys in this genre .

Oh…he has his maddening traits too….like the way he wont iron his clothes (the lazy bum…He looks real good when he wears properly pressed clothes) …the way he insists on watching every damn game on the darned idiot box…the way he falls asleep over what I consider an interesting book to read….(poor dear)…but on the whole……with all his imperfections ,to me, he is the best…and there is no one like him …. !

Mushy,is it? But its true….

To all you guys who heard the news and then told me that he is a lucky man …..I am a very lucky woman !

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anupama,

A big welcome to our family!!!

Appreciate you taking time to respond to our questions/comments.

I am a guy who has been along this 6 feet bolt that you found from his 4th standard onwards. To me,
many things that you mentioned are unlike the Anup I know. The chivalry that you are talking off, the sense of responsibility that he is showing were till now undiscovered. Perhaps, he had reserved it all for the special one.:-)

Yes, I know the Anup you mentioned in the last para.(lazy, wearing unironed clothes, watching those games on TV). But these, by any means,are not imperfections. He has a perfect soul.

We believe good things happen to good people and that is why you happened to him. :-)

Looking forward to meeting you.

Tapori Gang.

anu said...

Thank you....! Like I said, its the small things he does that impacts me the most.Besides he brushes all those things off with a cool dude attitude....But underneath ,as u said, there lies a perfect soul...I agree with u on what I wrongly termed "imperfections"...cos I wud not have those quirks changed for anything...

Anonymous said...

u mean to say I have the licence to not iron my clothes and be lazy ..I wud take that anyday.

anu said...

Oh,you do have the license,darlin...what remains to be seen is whether u want to keep using it once I have kept the iron on ur perfect behind....

Anonymous said...

Anup,

she means it buddy. :-)
why take the risk, u can rather have your clothes ironed.:-)

Anupama,
let's give him a chance. :-)
met your parents here in Port Blair. we spoke for half an hour or so. hope they liked Andamans.
when are you getting back to India ?

Tapori Gang

anu said...

My folks loved Andamans....Especially my mom.I probably will turn up just 2 weeks before the D-day.(got only 3 weeks leave)...From what I hear ,right now my Dad and bro are running from pillar to post in search of a wedding hall....while my mom is trying to outdo Manish Malhotra...Thank God am not in their way

Anonymous said...

ok..

Good to see that your parents enjoyed the trip. Actually, they didn't have enough time to see around.

In a way, it's good that you are not around when everyone around is so busy.Anup told me about the non-availability of halls.

Keep posting so that we can track the status online. :-)

BFN

anu said...

True....My folks are normally rather sweet ppl but its just not safe for me to be around them when they are hassled....(Well, I suppose they forget to appreciate their intelligent daughter asking "ussse kya hota hai?"... for which I normally get a response which goes like "....#@*!!!....")
Ok dudes, here is the news...Arrey wah!!! that does rhyme...maybe am becoming a shaayar...uh-oh ..what do u call a female shaayar?...anyway...Hall found....@ ekm(Pheeewww!!!)So date is set for 20th...Me booking my tickets for 3rd Jan...

anu said...

By the way, BFN kya hota hai?

anu said...

True....My folks are normally rather sweet ppl but its just not safe for me to be around them when they are hassled....(Well, I suppose they forget to appreciate their intelligent daughter asking "ussse kya hota hai?"... for which I normally get a response which goes like "....#@*!!!....")
Ok dudes, here is the news...Arrey wah!!! that does rhyme...maybe am becoming a shaayar...uh-oh ..what do u call a female shaayar?...anyway...Hall found....(Pheeewww!!!)So date is set for 20th...Me booking my tickets for 3rd Jan...

By the way, BFN kya hota hai???

Anonymous said...

Hall Found!!! That's great news.

I think a female shayar is also a shayar.

The acronym BFN stands for "Bye for Now". Mostly used in informal chatting.

So, what plans after Anup leaves on 15th ? Who would get the sandwiches ? :-)

anu said...

oh...:-( sandwich? will have to survive on kora kaagaz...me gonna go all thin(have no spare kilos.so that is solved) and get dark circles(Kaajal shud work fine),look teary eyed ( onions?) and look lost(I can imitate the expression my dog puts on when we dont give her chocolate)...:-) Much as I wud miss my dear old boy,I guess he has to go.(See,am being brave).After all we are mature and distance does increase the love(I dont want him to ,bwwwaaaaaaahhhhh!!!)...its only a matter of few days..I can manage without him.....
uh-oh...almost...(Nasty man, leaving me alone and going off :-( Do u think he wud stay back if I threatened to run away with the guy next door?:-( I dont think so...the man trusts me too much...sigh)

Anonymous said...

Anupama,

It's just a matter of 15 days. :-)
Then you would be here too.

He has got a lot of stuff to do too. So, it only makes sense that he is here in advance.

What else is going on ?

anu said...

I know...but its just that am so used to having him around...Nothing much happening here...No..wait a min...on second thoughts, there is another post coming up...wait and watch!!!