snow

Monday, December 3, 2007

Aftermath...

Just 2 days before I left for LA, we had a near fatal accident.My brother was driving and we got hit by a KSRTC bus...I wud rather not go into the details but it left me shook for a variety of reasons.A few months later some of my lil bro's friends were involved in a tragic accident resulting in one boy's death.It brought back the same feelings with so much intensity that I had penned a few lines to put the incident out of my mind.Today I just happened to come across the same and decided to post it.

A prayer whispered in a happy moment
with no foresight but just love beyond compare
A feather brush with death but no harm done
a stunning revelation of faith kept unbroken
bringing with it the urge to gather beloved ones close to the heart
knowledge that this would not keep them out of harm's way
That death may still be but a step behind
Thankful that the prayer was granted
The awful certainity of being meant to lose
writ in destiny with alarming clarity
Dreadful thoughts of what might have been
Wonder if not for those simple words of faith
would there have been survival or would it have turned out to be merely existing
with a loss so deep
a pain too intense for tears to form
making it easier to stay numb,not think
For thinking brings memories
memories lead to feeling
feelings to pain
Pain so unbearable
that shedding tears will not soothe
if flow they must then so hard they should
that the heart should split open
Otherwise,meant to ease,they are nothing but
acid drops from the sky

No comments: