snow

Saturday, August 16, 2008

To the man and woman ....

...who are celebrating their wedding anniversary today,brought me into the world,put up with each other,put up with me and the dog(my bro was always the angel.Needed no putting up with),from whom I learnt ....

....That at times u can positively hate the person who really is ur best friend.They'll sew their mouths up before they admit it.

....That there is something good in every person.Again,they'll sew their mouths up before they admit it of each other.

....That at times killing ur spouse may seem like a good idea but u really must not.Am sure they must have wanted to do the deed more times than they have cared to admit but thankfully,they have not.

....That u can get so frustrated at a man that u want to smash his head in.Now I know why my mom banged away at the kitchen sink.

....That women can be endearingly childish and maddeningly so.My dad's throbbing temple while he tried to talk on the fone while my mom kept asking questions beside him.

....That at times what is obvious to you may not be obvious to ur spouse.Dad says "there,woman ,there" and mom goofily asks 'Where,Where?" .Mom says "there ,man,there" and Dad goofily asks "Where ,where?".You get the point?

....That at times ur spouse may goof up but u also can goof up an equal number of times.Dad breaks a glass and mom messes up his carefully organised cabinet looking for change and they both mutter "does it on purpose.I know" when the other one is not around while the kids wonder why they are so unchangingly silly when it comes to one another.

....That men invariably never can figure out how to select the undamaged perfect veggie.My dad has been doing it for more years than he cares to remember and invariably my mom says "Ur dad has brought me veggies that were plucked the day after Gandhi died".Dad always blames the shopkeeper who invariably wud have said "lovely lady's finger,sir".

....That women invariably decide to bathe and step into the bathroom exactly half a minute after the man manages to find his towel and underwear.The innumerable times my dad stood outside the bathroom door with suppressed frustration when my mom had beat him to the bathroom just a minute before.My mom always asks why on earth he can't bathe in one of the other bathrooms in the house.

....That the dog is "ours" until she poops and then she becomes - "Your dog".But if the kids are around then its "the kid's" dog.

....That the kids are "ur" kids when they get bad marks,make a sad joke,lose something and basically mess up and "my" kids when they get good marks,someone says something good abt them or they do something smart.The fact that u may have inherited ur father's bulging nose and ur mom's popping eyes is irrelevant to them.Note:My father has a perfectly straight nice nose and my mom has nice bright un-popping eyes ,both of which I have not inherited.

....That u stick up for ur spouse no matter what.The number of times they have done it.


Happy Anniversary,Pops and Mama....Wish I was home...

3 comments:

Revs said...

Happy Anniversary Anu ke Mummy Papa!! :)
Here's wishing you many many many more years of togetherness and happiness!! :)

@anu
nice post. couldnt agree more!! :) same works for my parents too!! ;)

Unknown said...

Thank you apumaa .... and thank u revathi

Unknown said...

i too wish you both were here today .