snow

Monday, June 16, 2008

Rambles....

“You are awful” came the reply when I asked my mom if she read a particular post of mine titled White underpants with bright red hearts. Chuckle…and yet she checks my blog every day to see if I have written anything. My biggest fan and my strictest critic all rolled into one. There was a period when things were too busy and I cud not write anything for nearly a month…and she still checked the blog every day….When I asked her if she did not get tired of checking, she very matter-of-factly said “Well, Its just like washing your bum or brushing your teeth.You just have to do it. You cant stop washing ur bum saying you are tired of it, can you?”. Well, I don’t know if it is a compliment to have reading my blog taken as something she just has to do or if it is an insult to have reading my blog compared to washing one’s bum. And now you all know which side of the family I inherited my crazy sense of humour from. I told her then and there that I wud use that reply in a post of mine and she said “No!! Don’t do that. My reputation wud be in tatters.” On the contrary, Mama, I think you will be famous. Chuckle….

It’s a nice blue-sky-smattered-with-dainty-blobs-of-clouds kinda day.Its ages since I had the time to simply sit and gaze up at the sky. Its my day off for working thru the weekend. And I think with pity of all those people sitting in the office and not knowing what the sky looks like today. Even worse, not even thinking abt it. Well, tomorrow am gonna be going back to join them but still like they say ,Tomorrow’s another day. So right now I’ll sit down and enjoy my time lazing around and doing next to nothing.
I have finished that automation process to a certain extent and it just needs a week of tweaking to get it completed. I have sent it out to the client and while its an awesome tool (even though I say so myself) and saves so much of manual effort, I know I wont be getting much of an appreciation considering my resist-any-change-attitude boss.But the one thing I will get is more time for my puttering around with beads.Anup has finally got used to selecting beads and I must say is real good at it. In fact he is much better than me at it. He picks up all the unique beads which look good with anything and everything and keeps me from going overboard when I see coloured beads and he knows what spacers are. And I have started developing an interest in basketball matches which is of no use considering that the basketball season is ending. But honestly, u can’t live with a man who watches every match on the telly thru the whole season and not develop an interest in it. Yesterday in the midst of working I looked up to see a basket being made(highly technical jargon for managing to get the ball in the basket….I can hear u snort!!!) and spontaneously said “Beautiful!!!” and Anup looked at me in a way which I imagine is the way Moms look at their babies when they are born. Or maybe it was the way Edison looked at his bulb.( er…the light bulb).You get the idea?

It’s a special day and am gonna get myself spring cleaned today. Just relax and go with the tide….Ooooh..La…la…..

No comments: