snow

Monday, May 30, 2011

A new resolution - 26 days of blogging!

Erm...ello...anyone around?Its nearly midway through 2011 and I havnt written a single post...so here goes...a new resolution....26 days of continous blogging...I do have moments in every day when a thought strikes and I think I should write about that..But since most of the time this happens is when am outside or too busy doing something else,the thought flits away and then when I do find the time to write I cant remember what exactly I wanted to write about.
So this means that I need to go back and pick up a habit I once had of writing out my ideas or atleast scribbling them on a scrap of paper so that I remember them at a later point when am ready to work on them.

Its been exactly a week since I came back to my roost.And havnt done anything constructive.Well,apart from laundry and clearing out cupboards and scrubbing dishes and dusting a house that looked like a dust storm had hit it.And yeah,the hubby did say the house didnt look too bad.(yeah,right.and I have a pet white elephant with pink ribbons on its ears!)Men! But as a matter of fact I know he did try to keep the house tidy...Its just that we women are rather picky creatures.God forgot to put in the dust seeing software in ole Adam's eyes.When He came down to visit Adam and try out the new green tea that Adam insisted was good for the Lord's longevity,here is how the conversation went.

Adam: Howz the tea,Lord?
God : Ah! pure nectar,pure nectar.(emptying the contents of the cup surreptiously behind a coconut palm.)
Adam: Shall I pack up some for you to take home?(beams and looks like an eager little boy)
God : Oh...err..yeah...am sure the angels would love some too.(makes up his mind to feed the tea to his angels)
Kalyani,an angel who was peering over the edge of heaven,heard this,turned green and promptly fell down in a dead faint.
God: Adam...you really need to dust this place.
Adam: Dust?(blankly)
God: Just look at those cobwebs.
Adam:cob...whatz?(looking even more blank if possible)
God: and..and..look at..ah..ah...atishooooo!!!at the state...aahchoooo...
Adam: It looks fine to me,Lord.
God: Achoooo..aksheeee...chhoooo...(eyes streaming,makes note to self "Finish Eve asap")

But where was I? About not having done anything constructive.The hubby doesnt hear a word of what I say..No..I didnt mean in the way all hubbies not listening to wives....Poor ole me has been sick and now am croaking like a crow.My voice is so hoarse that I cant even hear what am saying.And poor hubby has been learning the art of lip reading.

I need to get a folding craft table made.I know exactly what I want but trying to get someone to make it for me is going to be a pain.The furniture folks in India are sooooooooo unimaginative.They try and convince you that you would be better off conforming to the standard dimensions and standard designs that they have.Yeah,I know thats easier for them but thats not what I want...What happened to the customer always being right motto?Here is a pic of the table I want.I have even found out a series of videos on how to assemble this table.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/newtableconcept/sets/72157608693719331/

The tough part is going to be getting the furniture guy to make it.I guess I'll have to explain that it works like a folding table inside a train.I hope the guy realises that the tables in trains do fold.If not...Any ideas?

No comments: