snow

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Tattle away!!!

Ok..so it has been a while since I got round to posting anything here and its come to the point that my friend across the seas has gone to the extent of tagging me in the hope of giving me a topic to wrte abt,which I shall use as my next post.Now,to be honest,I have had lots to say but since they were all in bits and pieces and crumbs as well,it was rather tuf to write it down as a post and even more to think up a title for the post...so finally ..here comes tattle away which is nothing but a bunch of mismatched thots which keep going round and round and round in my head and simply refuse to rest...So in the hope of making them R.I.P.,here I write.
My parcel has not come.Now anyone who knows me even vaguely ,knows that am a sucker for surprises and packages of any kind.I love my mail,be it email,snail mail or parcels...well,with the exception of bills...not cos they are bills but cos they are so...well,so....impersonal...or rather they are sent only cos they want money from me...I know it sounds mad but still it is the reason why am disappointed to see bills. I dont like bank statements either...cos they are too long and drive me nuts.So I leave them to mama....She did spend 20 years looking at them...so she wudnt mind looking at them once in a while..In fact I shud think she gets some thrills from them...Yeah,mama,I can hear u snort...
But am wandering...this is the sole reason why I have not written any posts for the last 25 days...On my desktop you will find several half written posts which are half written cos my thoughts keep wandering...and then I find myself writing something that is totally different from what I started with and that for some reason seemed rather odd to me...ha ha..thats a joke..something I did seemed odd to me...when the world looks at everything I do and says "Crazy woman!!!".Ok..its not that bad...but then lets get back to my parcel cos I have been wandering and thats the second time.

Mama sent me a parcel with lotsa surprises in it thru DH's friend ,Deepu...and the sweet guy (Deepu,if u are reading this,wipe that evil grin off ur face.My mama thinks u are a very sweet guy and I wud agree with her if it had not been for the story u told me abt how Vinod ran after u with a knife after u teased him relentlessly.)Anyway,Deepu dutifully mailed the parcel but being new to U.S. he sent it thru ordinary post and my DH did not think to tell him otherwise and for that matter neither did I.(Yeah...am defending them both.)So we can't track it and its not yet reached...though its been a good ten days since he sent it..The only reason I can think of it being this late is that the postman must be walking all the way from Nebraska to deliver it and after all ,u cant walk to California from Nebraska in ten days...Ok,mama..Please dont tell me again(u already told me 7 times ) that u are sure that the postman has by now opened the parcel and finished up all the goodies and is enjoying my stuff...I dunno if it is a good thing that I dont know the contents of the parcel cos I wanted it to be a surprise or if it is a bad thing cos I dunno what the postman is having so much fun with.

Now that said and done,my right thumb has developed a tender spot thanks to me crocheting like a crazed coot all thru the weekend.Now to answer ppl who ask "thats all u did all weekend?crochet?",here is my answer.No...apart from finishing 3 crochet projects,I also baked a banana nut cake,made banana icecream & vaccummed the house..and sometime during last week I tidied the clothes cupboard again.Yeah,wud have to be proud of me.I am a marvel.Thanks.

My knee is still painful and its been exactly 2 weeks since I went to get my x-ray taken.For reasons unknown,the x-ray has not yet reached my Doctor's office.Now I am concerned abt that Thursday being jinxed.I mean ,my parcel was sent on that day;my x-ray was taken on that day...and neither have turned up...Now I must think of what else I have done that day.

I found myself an aunt..Now though I have been unusally blessed with doting aunts,its always nice to find one more...Aunts are a lot like handbags...Uncles also for that matter...u really cant have too many of them...Am not sure that statement makes any sense but what ho, am past caring.This is therapeutic if u know what I mean.I am finally getting rid of that train of thoughts that kept going "Here we go round ur teensy brain,teensy brain,teensy brain..here we go round ur teensy brain ...early in the morning"...Now where was I?Yeah...abt aunts...I spoke to this lovely lady who happens to be my mom's college friend,whose dad I have known for the better part of my life and have always thought of as a great candidate for the role of Santa Claus.
Though I have never met her,I always knew abt her.And finally 2 weeks back she called me up and wow!!So nice was she that I had to adopt her...So thats one more aunt in my kitty...though am not sure if she wud want me for a niece...For that matter am not sure my aunts-by-birth want me for a niece either but then they have no choice cos they are stuck with me...He..he...

I am having major doubts abt my crafts...cos here I am crocheting one thing after the other and Tashi had recently posted that she just finished her first knitting project which was scarf for her mom and then her colleague has given her an order for a scarf.How come I have not sold a thing?But like Anup says my creations have not been given a lot of publicity...For some reason am rather shy abt showing them off to ppl who dont know me...In fact am downright uncomfortable...:-(...Its strange ..I dont mind sending pics of the things I made my friend who has not even seen me ....But showing them to people I see on a daily basis at office..well..thats another thing altogether..I know...am hopeless...and loony as well...:-(

I have lost weight..Yippeee..In spite of an aching leg which keeps me from going to the gym,climbing stairs,bending and what not,I still managed to lose weight...My sleeves are singing with happiness where earlier they were stretched tight enuf to be my second skin with a threat that a refusal to let my arms in one day was not too far off.So what did I do?Remember the fruitwala outside my office?Well,I have been a regular customer for the last 3 weeks..I have been eating one fruit bag daily for lunch but dinner was the usual meal.Voila!!What a change!!I was surprised to find my sleeves much looser than what they were expected to become. I had only hoped to keep off from gaining more weight but losing some was a bonus...God does spoil me :-)

Coming after that last para this is gonna be very funny.I have an urge to cook.Ok. Stop laughing...Am not hungry..but just that the urge to try new dishes has been ripening for the last 2 days.Yday I tried ginger prawn fried rice and dum aloo...and the DH loved them both....Today wud have been another cooking day but for the disaster of a meeting that we had at office till late night.What with the manager frantically trying to say everything in ten minutes when the original presentation had been planned for a good 90 minutes plus the security guard glaring at the Manager and threatening to turn the lights off,I must say the samosas and the chai served were the only part that made sense to me thru the entire do.The manager raced thru one slide instead of the originally planned twenty and then turned to the room full of blank faces and asked "So do u all feel enthusiastic and excited abt this new idea?",there was pin drop silence and practically no one moved.The manager glared at us and looked at his head henchman threateningly and repeated the question and this time we all chorused weakly "Yesssss!!!" and thats when he relaxed and the vein throbbing at his temple decided to keep the explosion for the next meeting.I did feel sorry for the man ...
That said and done,adieu ,ppl...have a nice one...will be back with more.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

One big avial

Revs said...

i totally totally loved this post!! i have to agree with aunty. one big avial and a delicious one at that. :)
i laughed ut aloud at a lot of places. for example

//Aunts are a lot like handbags

heh heh!! whatever made u think of that analogy?? LOL!! Loved that line!! :)
Anupamaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!! :)
muah!! :)