snow

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

A sleepy crosspatch writes...

Would you believe the cheek?My client finally put all of us in shifts on a weekly rotation basis.I am supposed to come in at 7 in the morn and leave at 4 in the evening this entire week.Second guy is supposed to come in at 10 in the morn and leave by 7 in the evening.I reached LA late last night and yet managed to come to office by 7 today morn.I was taken aback when I saw the second guy walk in at 9 in the morn and a dark suspicion started forming at the back of my mind which was confirmed when the dratted man ,even before logging on to his system, called up his carpool buddies and made plans to leave by 4:30 in the evening. Can u believe the man’s cheek? Who does he think is gonna do his work?If he thinks its me,then he has another think coming. The third guy is not coming in and so my client rang me up to say that he is coming in only by ten so that he cud cover the third guy’s shift..ha ha…so my client is gonna get stuck with 2 people’s work and am not planning to help out…Anyway, as annoyed as I am ,have decided that I will leave at sharp 4:00 p.m. and not stay a minute longer. I tried being charitable and imagining that the man may have his own problems which am not aware of. But what bugs me is that he does not seem to realize that other people have their lives too.
OK,I really don’t have much on my mind to post and am too sleepy to think up something proper.So its time for another rambling session in which u are subjected to a whole lot of insane but choice thoughts that go trippety trip in my head.
I painted my toes again last night. And to all of u who have got ur eyes popping out in shock,well, let me tell u that my toes are never unpainted these days,especially since I found out that painting them keeps them looking nice and feminine. My hubby has nice shapely feet and that’s an added incentive to keep my toes painted. In the days of unpainted toes, people who meet us together often had a confused expression when they looked at us from top to toe and back up again.
Though they were already painted, they had taken a bit of roughing up on the long weekend and really did not look as elegant as they shud have. So I took off the coral swirl or whatever that shade was called (it was nice deep orange with a hint of burnt sienna and gold in it) and scrubbed my toes and then wondered what shade to use. I was really not in a mood for pinks and the deep red needed me to be more careful than normal…and so I fished out this grape something something which essentially is a shade of pink and violet mixed with lots of glitter. The last time I tried it on my toes it did not look very effective and on my fingers it looked rather nice but just that it was a bit too thick and took some time to dry and even then it did not chip off so much as rub off and was very annoying…so I popped in couple of drops of the polish remover into the bottle and loosened it up nicely and then set down to paint my toes…Normally this polish takes a good 2 coats to apply evenly as compared to other shades which take one coat .So I don’t use this shade that often….but once I did a nice 3 coats one after the other on each foot(the paint was thinner and so did not take time to dey),voila…I loved it….I expected the usual shade and instead I have on a nice frosted pink nail polish with a hint of grape in it….Hopefully, by now I have u all screaming “Get on with it,will ya!!!”.Ok….I’ll get on with it…
My nose is healing nicely and does not bother me as much as it did…Our long weekend and the climate change brought on a terrible case of dryness and cracking on the inside of my nose. And the poor nosey wud bleed and feel extremely irritated at all times.
But since yday,its reduced and the cracks are not bleeding anymore.
Chuckle, u know what? Its so nice to know that u guys cant see me when u read this,cos am sure by now one of u wud have thrown a shoe at me. Am feeling terrible sleepy cos have been waking up before 6 and reaching office around 7 for the last 2 days.
I really can’t think of anything to write except that I have started a food diary and am keeping track of everything that passes in thru my lips except for water and the occasional fly. So adieu for now.

No comments: