snow

Monday, July 21, 2008

Ramble on,darlings!!!

Bingo!!…It’s a gorgeous day, ladies and gentlemen…Not just a beautiful day. What’s the difference u may ask. Let me tell u .A beautiful day is one which makes u sigh and look around and say “Mmmmmm”…a gorgeous day makes u want to clap, jump for joy and do cartwheels on the lawn…lie down in the grass and kick ur legs in the air,twirl on the foothpath,blow a kiss at the sky and in general,make a fool of urself…which really is not such a bad thing…It’s a day with oomph!! The kind of day which makes u want to dance like baloo the bear in Jungle book singing “Doobi doobi doobi”,even with ur 2 left feet and tail,make a lot of noise and try to stop urself grinning from ear to ear….chuckle…by now most of u wud have written me off as bonkers….
Anup already has.Lol!
Its the perfect time to be in LA.There is this road behind our office bordered with lilac trees.You find urself driving down a tunnel of lilacs.Not one spec of green.U look up and see a roof of lilacs above u.You look down and the road is sprinkled with lilacs.Oh, the folks who live on that lane,it must just make their day to walk on that lilac carpet under the lilac canopy.Anup says they wud be bored of seeing it every day.Huh!!Bored? Its breathtakingly beautiful.How in God’s name can u be bored of that?Its just unspeakably delightful.Had it been me stepping out of one of those houses, I wud have stood at my doorstep and stared for a full ten minutes around me before I trot off to office, rather regretfully ,am sure.Its just beautiful.I must take a picture of it before the lilacs fade.
Today when we stepped out for lunch,I just happened to look up and was surprised to see the alphabets WELCO in the sky written with what looked like clouds.Then it hit.It was one of those planes which did some kind of writing with smoke in the sky,Pretty expensive , but its used in a lot of advertising.But as u can guess,I just had to stand and gawp at it.And so did my poor hubbu,though the truth be told, he really had no choice cos I was not budging.

It turned out to be the message “WELCOME HOME TORI & DEAN”.I imagine it was done by some of their friends…2 hrs later when I sat in my cubicle and looked out of the window,I saw the words float outside like some kind of banner.They moved across my window ,as though flashing on the TV screen.I have these huge glass windows which look up into the sky .They normally have it covered with Venetian blinds,but last week when my boss was on vacation, I opened up a couple of them and he still has not noticed.Can u believe the man?It almost makes u feel u are outside in the open and not stuck in a stuffy room and the man does not notice.?I do feel sorry for him.From my seat, I can see a tall fir tree ,the tops of a few palms waving in the wind and a lilac tree along with them.They look so free,like kids during their summer vacation, like kites in the air.
Have started a new hobby. Crocheting… and it turned out to be much easier than I thought..Oh yeah,I bought a beginners kit and some bright coloured wool called Tangerine twists..I love the name…and I love how the scarf is turning out even though its edges are pretty wonky…Am just not in a mood to sit in office..I wud love to get out there,grab my crochet kit and sit outside under a nice tree and enjoy myself..Oh,dear..why can’t we have summer holidays too…

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good to know you're out of the "grumpy" mode. Like your take on the lilac canopy. yeah, they're gorgeous. i thought you needed personal training for crocheting. if its something you can learn on your own, Then i might give it a try...

anu said...

:-) Thanks ,Tashi...and as for crocheting,I guess it wud help if we had a person to teach us cos it is a bit difficult to know if u are doing it right in terms of the tightness of stitches..but I guess its doable..I must have unravelled my work 25 times by now and started again!sigh!