snow

Monday, April 7, 2008

Wooohoooo...what a ride!!!!!!!!!!

I looked out of the window just now and saw some clouds in the sky.One mass looked like a toad and the other …well….I dunno why but it looked like a chicken leg….the kind you get at the McDonalds.Now can one write a story on a toad and a chicken leg?maybe one cud if toads ate chicken legs but as it happens toads and chicken legs are as related as me and Amitabh Bachhan
I write mostly cos I love writing and its fun to put down my thoughts in order and push them around a bit so that they make some sense to other people(Hopefully).Half the time I just start scratching out something and sometimes it turns out to be a story and at others it turns out to be just a few ridiculous thoughts.It’s a long time since I wrote a story.For some reason I never cud write stories that were grown-up and real life.Maybe cos it invariably has to have a proper storyline and my imagination cannot be set wild as I wud like to.
My stories invariably reflect the maturity of a child who plays in grass on all fours.But then maturity is not abt how you write.Its how you react to the rotten tomatoes and eggs that life throws at you and sometimes the best way to handle problems is to lie down in the grass and stare up at the clouds and try to figure out which cloud looks like your dog’s head.
I am feeling pretty rich today.No,I have not won a lottery nor has anyone left me an inheritance.In fact am broke ,cos my salary for the fortnight has not turned up which is a disaster when u consider that every other person I can see around me was happily checking their accounts and waving their paychecks in the air last friday.Luckily my hubby has got his paycheck.So we wont starve....chuckle...There are certain advantages to being married.Now why has my salary not come?I checked my account umpteen times, raised a request on Peopleline,sent a mail to the Finance guy and prayed hard.Nothing happened.But I still feel rich.Yday I managed to spend 2 hrs painting a picture even though it was a weekday.I managed to make proper Dosas...Arrey waah!!Ok..so they were not crispy but they were golden brown ....am gonna try and make them crispy today..
I read a friend’s post today on Ekta kapoor’s serials and how senseless they seem.Well,Personally I love Ekta Kapoor’s hindi soaps.(Tip for the wiseguy :We are not talking about Nirma soaps here.Soaps means television serials.Watch star Plus any time between 6 to 10 in the evening and u shud see atleast 3 soaps all produced by ET….errrr…I mean EK )Most people probably are shocked at my making such a statement and before a bunch of people scream “what????&*%%#$” at me , let me tell you that I love her serials cos they have so much scope for rewriting .I can let my imagination soar and most likely end up laughing at myself.Here is one of my favorite scenes from I-don’t-remember-which soap.

A rich guy proposes to a poor gal and then their parents agree to their marriage.Now the gal is very very happy and goes to the temple with a thaali (for people who don’t know hindi,it’s a plate which contains all kinds of pooja materials) to get God’s blessings.And who shud she meet their but her to-be-mom-in-law.(henceforth to be referred to as Mil).Now the Mil is in possession of a deep dark secret about her son and does not want the poor gal to spoil her life marrying her son(Wow!!!Mils can be such crazy characters).So the Mil tells the gal that she cannot marry her son The poor gal pleads with the Mil and when no good comes out of it she screams nahi and drops her thaali,with the contents flying everywhere and runs away.

Now if I were to write this scene , it wud be as follows.

The poor gal now drops the thaali which accidentally lands on the Mil’s toes and the camera zooms in on the Mil hopping around in pain ,flapping her hands and screeching like a banishee at which the gal decides the Mil is nuts and runs away(clever of her,don’t you think?)

My hubby often told me that I live life as it shud be lived - to the full.Maybe this is cos I always try to keep in mind the following saying –
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!”
Sounds exhilarating , doesn’t it?Just reading it makes me want to run down the road, waving my arms above my head and whoop loudly.So why don’t I?Well, simply cos this is the US and the last thing I need is to get arrested for being a public menace.A little restraint goes a long way in helping us live a relatively free life.(Author nodding wisely here).

I enjoyed writing this post.I just finished reading throught this post I have written and decided that it’s a gum ball of completely unrelated topics and since this is my blog and I can post anything on it, I shall post this.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Atta girl thats it.Roller coast ur way thru life.

anu said...

Chuckle,mama...U always seem to like the wackiest posts the best

Unknown said...

Well u always z that i have a wicked wacky sense of humour.

Revs said...

whoa!! super crazy post and i loved it every bit!!

//but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!”

i complerelty agree. life's got to be full of completely unexpected, unplanned happenings which knock the breath out of you and make u go "Whoa!!!! what the hell was that!! whatever it was i liked it" rather than leading a safe life and having nothing to tell ur grand kids!! ;).

Lovely post!! :)